2017-18 Preschool Information
The St. Charles R-VI School District Preschool Program achieved recognition of excellence through Missouri Accreditation. This distinguishes it as an exemplary program offering high quality programming to the children of Missouri.
The Missouri Accreditation of Programs for Children and Youth has awarded a Certificate of Accreditation to all six sites of the St. Charles R-VI Preschool Program. This certificate is granted to quality programs that offer developmentally appropriate experiences in an environment conducive to children flourishing intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically.
Completing a 2017-18 Application
- Before completing an application, please view the General Information Preschool Application Packet or see the information outlined below.
- Complete the fillable, online preschool application or download a conventional preschool application that can be printed out. Applications are also available at elementary school offices, the Benton Administration Center or by emailing Jeanie Mohrman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Las solicitudes españolas para preescolar se pueden descargar aquí.
- Applications are DUE by February 24, 2017 for first round consideration. They can be returned to the elementary school offices, the Benton Administration Center or by emailing Jeanie Mohrman at email@example.com.
- Applications received after the deadline will be included on a waiting list for an opening.
- Applications will be contacted for a Dial-4 developmental screening.
- Student placement will be done after February 24 and parents will be contacted the week of March 27.
The City of St. Charles School District Preschool Program Offers:
- Half day, three hour preschool sessions Monday through Friday at all six elementary schools (Blackhurt, Coverdell, Harris, Lincoln, Monroe and Null).
- Full day, seven hour preschool sessions are available at Blackhurst and Coverdell from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm (dependent on enrollment).
- Early childhood special education classes are also available.
- Extended-day child care well be offered by the District at select locations up meeting minimum student enrollment numbers and will be available from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Morning and afternoon sessions will be available for 3-5 year olds.
- Children must be 3 years old before August 1, 2017.
- Classes will employ one teacher for a class of 10 students. A teacher and teacher assistant will be employed for each class of 11-20 students.
- The program is designed to meet the Missouri Early Childhood standards and prepare all students for kindergarten.
- Parents will be responsible for transporting their child to and from the program.
- All resident students are welcome to apply and will be screened for developmental readiness by Parents as Teachers. While non-resident students are welcome to apply for tuition-paying preschool spaces, students who live within the district boundaries will be given first consideration for placement.
- Students with the greatest student need will be offered admission to the preschool with tuition paid by Title I funding as funding allows (District residents only). Student need is based upon multiple criteria, including performance of the Dial-4 assessment.
- Additional students will be enrolled and parents will be responsible for the tuition.
Tuition Costs for Half Day or Full Day Preschool