The Communications Department and Superintendent's Office work with not-for-profit community organizations or programs deemed useful and constructive for the growth of students (see Board Policy KI) to provide information to students and families about educational and recreational opportunities. Flyers to be distributed to students must be approved by the Superintendent's Office.
The City of St. Charles School District cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. E-flyers are sent directly to parents’ email inboxes as well as posted online for easy access. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
(To find flyers posted to your school's Peachjar, look for this Peachjar button on every school website.)
Flyer Approval Process:
To request flyer approval from SCSD, please follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed. Before you move on, please read our flyer distribution guidelines (above). Then follow the directions below.
Under "Account Type," select the appropriate category
Upload your flyer for approval
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the District office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee to community organizations that are not school or District-sponsored activities for this service – which is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Note: SCSD organizations such as PTOs and booster clubs should work with their building principal to upload flyers through school-based accounts at no charge.
The City of St. Charles School District approves the distribution of:
- Flyers that promote an educational experience for students or parents, a healthy use of leisure time and/or a special enrichment activity not duplicated by a SCSD school or program
- Information targeted to staff that announces job-related activities and instructional opportunities related to the SCSD curriculum
- Information from non-school sponsored youth sports and recreation activities offered in our community.
- Information from municipal, government agencies in our community that are not political in nature.
- Community organizations providing educational or enrichment services that may directly benefit student
The City of St. Charles School District does not approve the distribution of:
- Commercial advertising of any kind
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization or political viewpoint
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular church, religious organization or religious viewpoint
- Materials for events deemed not suitable for children
- Materials that cause disruption of the operation and discipline of the school
- Materials that are lewd, obscene, libelous or slanderous
- Materials that discriminate against employees, students or others on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law
- Materials that violate copyright laws
Note: Outside organizations must add the following disclaimer to all pages of their flyer in large, legible font:
"This program and its parent organization is independent and not sponsored by, affiliated with, nor endorsed by the City of St. Charles School District, its individual schools or Board of Education."
For more information, please contact the Kelley Pendleton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (636)443-4032.