Return to Headlines
SCSD CSIP Committee
Dear Parents/Guardians, Community Members, and Business Partners,
The St. Charles School District is getting ready to create our Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP) which will serve as our long-range, strategic planning document for the next 5 years (2019-2024). It is important that many individuals are included in this planning process so that all stakeholder groups are represented an have opportunities to provide input into this process. The District is looking for volunteers (parents, community members, business partners, high school students, and staff members) to serve on the CSIP committee. Should you be interested in volunteering for this committee work, you will find outlined in this email the scope of the committee work, time commitments, and expectations of CSIP members.
There will be 5 sub-committees that will work toward developing recommendations for the CSIP:
- Student Performance: This sub-committee will include discussions regarding curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional development, and anything else directly related to student learning.
- Facilities, Support, and Instructional Resources: This sub-committee will include discussions on the District's facilities, technology, safety/security, instructional materials, and other support resources.
- Parent and Community Involvement: This sub-committee will look at our communication, partnership, and public relations with our school community and the larger surrounding St. Charles County business and educational community.
- Highly Qualified Staff: This sub-committee will review practices to attract and retain highly qualified staff members.
- Governance: The Board of Education and Superintendent will serve on this sub-committee to determine goals for the governance practices in the District.
The CSIP committee work will be a very intense and time-consuming process. The majority of the CSIP work will occur between January and March. In January, the full CSIP committee will meet on Friday, January 25 (dinner - 5:30 pm, committee work 6:00 pm -9:00 pm) and Saturday, January 26 (breakfast - 8:30 am, committee work 9:00 am -4:00 pm). The committee members will then break into the above mentioned sub-committees and will meet throughout January, February, and March as needed to complete their work. Please note that these sub-committee meetings may need to meet in the evening once every week or every other week in order to complete the scope of their work. The goal is to take the final CSIP document to the Board of Education for approval in April. This is a substantial time commitment on the part of the volunteers.
Expectations of Committee Members:
As already mentioned, the time commitment of all committee members is significant. The committees will meet in the evenings and over the one weekend previously mentioned (January 25 & 26). Evening meetings will be approximately 2 - 3 hours in length. It should be understood that all committee members are expected to attend all meetings with few exceptions. All members are expected to be active participants in the work of the committee. All members are also expected to communicate the work of their sub-committee to their individual school communities and the constituents that they represent.
Committee Selection Process:
The District is seeking volunteers for this process; however, not all volunteers may be selected. Committees will be developed to create a well-balanced representation of members ensuring that all schools and individual stakeholder groups are represented throughout the entire process. If you would like to volunteer, please complete the short application listed at the link below. Those selected to participate in the CSIP process will be notified prior to Thanksgiving break.
Interested? Apply here:
Thank you for your support of our District and for considering serving on this extremely important committee. Should you have any questions, please contact me.
Danielle S. Tormala, Ed.D.
City of Saint Charles School District
400 N. Sixth Street
St. Charles, MO 63301